Getting ready for the new school year?
With schools continuing to be closed for most children during the summer term, you’ll be thinking hard about how best to prepare your children for their big step up in September. At White Rose Maths we’re always keen to help, so we’ve teamed up again with our fantastic colleagues at Pearson to bring you Power Maths Summer Home Edition books. Together, we’ve compiled a comprehensive learning package to help you make sure that every child has the essential maths skills and understanding they need to begin their new school year with confidence. These books are ideal even if you don’t use Power Maths in your school. They are simple to use fit perfectly alongside the Summer White Rose Home Learning videos.
A new resource for essential summer learning
Meet the Power Maths Summer Home Editions! There’s a single book for every year group from Y1 to Y6 and each one contains 40 lessons, all carefully selected from the DFE recommended* Power Maths scheme and neatly aligned with the revised White Rose Maths summer term plans.
The Power Maths Summer Home Editions cover:
- the basic number skills and understanding that children should already have
- essential new learning that they may not yet have covered.
In other words, the Home Editions support all the maths a child needs to start their new school year.
How do the lessons work?
These clear, attractive and engaging books make maths at home fun and accessible! The lessons follow a simplified Power Maths format that inspires enjoyable parent-child learning sessions:
- Discover – an activity or questions that parents can use to enthuse their child and prompt curiosity
- Share – this section explains how a child might work out the Discover question, so parents can help if necessary
- Practice – two pages of practice questions give a great opportunity for children to get confident with each topic!
These books would be great to use alongside the White Rose Maths home learning videos.
** More information on this service can be found here. If you are using the deliver to homes service from you should alert the parents/carers of the children to expect a delivery.
*Power Maths KS1 and KS2 have been judged by the DfE panel to meet the core criteria for a high-quality textbook.